ITiCSE 2017 "Part 1"

The Venue and Bologna


Usually I only write one post per conference, I do not want to overdo the posts, but for ITiCSE I had, could not but, write up two posts. So I am starting with the venue. The first picture I took was from "Madonna di San Luca" and it for me describes Bologna perfectly. Its red brick and stunning views. Our tour guide for a day trip as part of the conference described Bologna in three words, Red, Education and Fat. It hosts the world's oldest University and that was where ITiCSE was hosted, University of Bologna, founded in 1088! The below picture is the world's first dissection Lab.


The university was welcoming, and very impressive. With just under 80,000 students, it was massive. The ITiCSE community was extremely welcoming and made me right at home (Considering that I showed up on the first day of the conference in shorts as my luggage was "delayed" in transit). I really cannot recommend ITiCSE enough. I was also able to attend the excursion and banquet dinner held by ITiCSE again a sign of the community spirit. More in part two when I discuss the conference!





The food was also amazing, granted I do like Italian food, but all the same it was outstanding.